The future of the Bulk AppL'avenir de l'appli Bulk

Our fundraising campaign to save the Bulk app has come to an end! A huge thank you to those of you who contributed!

This campaign has been an amazing learning experience.

We did not reach our goal and that might be disappointing to those of you who wanted so hard to go all the way, but I do not consider it to be a shortcoming, rather, a sign of where the global zero waste community stands in regards to the future of the app! The campaign gave it the opportunity to cast its vote.

Throughout the campaign, we received countless comments, ideas, suggestions from the community, but only a couple of them are actually realistic as a next step for the app (for example, we’re considering a web app that could run on multiple platforms).

We are not sure yet how we’re going to proceed at this time, but rest assured that we’ll do our best to make the most of the funds that we receive and we’ll keep you updated on further developments.

I want to take this opportunity to thank CCTV America for the video segments that they provided and the gracious volunteers who made this campaign possible!

Filming Coordinator
Mélissa de La Fontaine
Director / Director of photography
Sara-Maude Ravenelle
Sound recordist
Arnaud Allary
Editor
Mario J. Ramos
Colorist
Charles-Étienne Pascal
Music
Homer (a duo including my brother!)
Crowdfunding Consultant
Mikaella Rojas Fanon
And last but not least!
Zero Waste / Vegan Caterer
Florence-Léa Siry / Les Emballees
I mean: Look at the spread she prepared for us!

Notre campagne de levee de fonds pour sauver l’appli est bouclee! Un enorme merci a ceux qui ont contribue!

Cette experience nous a beaucoup appris.

Nous ne sommes pas arrive a atteindre notre cible et certains d’entre vous en seront decus, mais je ne vois pas cela comme un rate, plutot un signe de la communaute zero dechet globale: cette campagne lui a permis de voter sur le futur de l’appli!

A travers la campagne, nous avons recu tout un tas de commentaires, d’idees, de suggestions, mais seulement une paire d’entres elles sont envisageables pour l’appli (par exemple, on reflechit au potentiel d’une appli web puisqu’elle pourrait apparemment fonctioner sur plusieurs platformes).

On ne sait pas encore quelle solution on va adopter, mais je vous peux vous assurer que nous maximizerons les fonds recus et vous tiendrons au courant de nos avancees.

Merci en tous cas a CCTV America pour les segments audiovisuels integres a la video, et aux benevoles qui ont participe a cette campagne!

Coordonnatrice du Tournage
Mélissa de La Fontaine
Réalisatrice / Directrice photo
Sara-Maude Ravenelle
Preneur de son
Arnaud Allary
Monteur
Mario J. Ramos
Coloriste
Charles-Étienne Pascal
Musique
Homer (a duo including my brother!)
Consultante en crowdfunding
Mikaella Rojas Fanon
Traiteur Zéro Déchet / Végétalien
Florence-Léa Siry / Les Emballees

Regardez moi un peu ce qu’elle nous avait prepare!
  1. ProBoard Bear says:

February 29th, 2016 at 8:04 pm (#)

Glad I could help. Glad I am part of this community. Eager to see where this goes. Zero Waste Love to all…

2. Richard Dimech says:

February 29th, 2016 at 9:09 pm (#)

Whatever shape the bulk app takes, I'm sure it'll grow from strength to strength. Maybe ask for volunteers in local zero waste communities to take on the responsibilities to check entries, etc? Thanks so much for putting it together for us.

3. Erin Rhoads says:

February 29th, 2016 at 11:56 pm (#)

I'm sorry you did not meet the goal. Maybe you could put a voluntary donation page on your blog for people to contribute? I am looking forward to seeing where it goes and will continue to tell people all about it. It has been such an invaluable resource to me. Thank you for all the hard work you, your family and those around you, have put into the app and zero waste community so far. It really is appreciated 🙂

4. Archana says:

March 1st, 2016 at 12:20 am (#)

I am sorry we didnt meet the goal. Perhaps you could do another campaign next year ? Thank you for relentlessly pursuing this cause.

Perhaps write a letter to Leonardo ?

5. Bea says:

March 1st, 2016 at 1:37 am (#)

🙂 You must have watched the Academy Awards last night 🙂

6. Richard Dimech says:

March 1st, 2016 at 1:14 am (#)

Another thought? Patreon?

March 1st, 2016 at 8:23 am (#)

Dommage… but a web app is a great idea. That way people like me who don't have a smart phone can also access it from a computer! 🙂 good luck!

8. CLAY and ERICA says:

March 1st, 2016 at 9:16 pm (#)

So bummed about this but I know its not the end. If only we could somehow reach out to the wealthy class who are interested in zero waste. Like Leonardo, I know Olivia Wilde is an environmentalist. We need to get you on the Oprah show 🙂

March 3rd, 2016 at 2:42 am (#)

Hi Bea –

I haven't been checking the blog regularly lately and I missed the campaign.:( I like Erin's idea and I would love to help in the future.

Thank you so much for your amazing work!

Eva

10. Sarah C says:

March 5th, 2016 at 2:27 pm (#)

Shame it didn't make the target but still a lot of money raised. Just wanted to check- I donated so when will the free zero wast dinner party recipes be available? Looking forward to trying them out 🙂